Enjoy this sampling of small business stories from around the Web. From technology and money, to entrepreneurship, marketing, and ecommerce, you'll find something to help you boost your business.
- Regardless of where you stand on the issue of climate change, weather around the world has gone crazy (yeah, that's a technical term). Read this, assuming that you do want your business to survive a natural disaster.
- Unless you belong to the cult of Apple or Linux, you'll probably love this news about Microsoft Windows (excuse me now while I enter witness protection).
- You might be fine storing personal music, photos and videos online, but how about your business data? Does that make you nervous? Dropbox for Business offers new features to ease your worried mind.
- There's no one way to build a business, which is one reason business advice is so popular. What's your entrepreneurial preference? Build it fast or build to last?
- Want healthy, happy and productive employees all year 'round? Shove them out the door for a summer vacation. Even better: lead by example, and watch good things happen to your business.
- No one wants to spend money on a lawyer. And while you may be tempted to handle certain legal tasks on your own, knowing when to pay for legal advice can save you a lot of money and aggravation.
- Brand advocate, employee engagement, thought leadership. There's a lot of good stuff hiding behind the latest business buzzwords. Business is better when you let your employees shine.
- Planning to start or relocate your business? Don’t forget the all-important real estate axiom: location, location, location. Best And Worst Places For Business 2014
- Tired of trying to second guess Google's SEO requirements? The company's cryptic algorithm changes have left many small business owners ripping out their hair. Whatever happened to don’t be evil?
- Facebook gives advertisers more fine-tuning options for mobile ads. Meanwhile, the company's about to take selling data to a whole new level. Which begs the question: should Facebook profits matter more than your privacy?
- You spend time, money and energy crafting the best possible email marketing campaign. And you can ruin it all in 45 words or less.
- Ah, the fine art of (closing) the deal. Have your salespeople lost it? Help them get it back.
- No one leaves the house anymore without the trinity of modern life: keys, wallet and cell phone. Learn to turn our national obsession with texting into your next revenue stream.
- The recession managed to turn the phrase "small business loan" into a four-letter word. But wait: are those signs of life in the small business loan department?
- You'd be hard pressed to find a world more competitive than selling online. It's not for the faint of heart or the uneducated. I'm not talking Harvard here…no MBAs required. What you need is a good dose of Internet Commerce Education, or ICE. ColderICE to be exact. Talk to the man who's been there, done that…and continues to do it the right way.
- Every small business needs a business plan and a mission statement. Just please, whatever you do, don’t let this happen to your Mission Statement.
Lauren Simonds is the managing editor of SmallBusinessComputing.com
|Do you have a comment or question about this article or other small business topics in general? Speak out in the SmallBusinessComputing.com Forums. Join the discussion today!|