Managing Editor, www.smallbusinesscomputing.com
Smith Micro Software announced the launch of its CheckIt Speed & Security Internet Suite, a tool for homes and small businesses. CheckIt Speed & Security Internet Suite combines five applications into a single utility that's designed to provide protection against viruses and hackers while optimizing speed; remove unwanted pop-up (or pop-under) ads; and maximize system performance.
The five applications include:
- CheckIt Firewall, a PC firewall solution that provides "always on" safety, monitoring and controlling port-scanning activity while protecting against Trojans and Denial of Service (DoS) attacks. The solution is also designed to trace and catalog the source of intruder attacks, and adjust PC connections to prevent future compromise.
- Virus Protection, a virus utility that should recognize some 63,000 known viruses. CheckIt Speed & Security Suite's anti-virus tool offers real-time floppy and hard drive scanning, instant cleaning of infected files, and one year's worth of free updates.
- CheckIt 86, an advertisement blocker that eliminates pop-up and pop-under ads automatically.
- CheckIt NetOptimizer, an Internet tune-up tool that optimizes Internet performance.
- CheckIt Utilities, a PC diagnostic and troubleshooting program. CheckIt Utilities tracks and benchmarks PC performance over time while testing, analyzing, and identifying system problems.
Manufacturer's suggested retail price for CheckIt Speed & Security Internet Suite is $69.95. The product is currently available at CompUSA, Fry's Electronics, Micro Center, Staples, and a variety of computer and electronics retailers. For more information visit the Smith Micro Web site at www.smithmicro.com.